Bawah Reserve offers a sensational island experience in Indonesia’s remote Anambas archipelago. With an earth-first philosophy from its inception, the Reserve’s 36 sustainably-made suites combine refined island elegance with barefoot luxury simplicity.
Indulge in the three lagoons, six islands, 13 beaches and 300 hectares of untouched forest of private playground. Island activities and spa treatments are included in the daily rate, as are fresh, healthy, Indonesian and Mediterranean dishes made from ingredients grown in Bawah’s own gardens.
"One of the world's most exciting new hideaways: remote, beautiful and with bar-raising environmental policies"
CONDE NAST TRAVELER
Your journey begins with a luxury limo taxi from the doorstep of your home or airport
Your Bawah Reserve travel host will escort you from tanah merah ferry terminal to batam on a short 30 minute ferry ride
Take an 80 minute flight over the archipelago
and arrive on water in front of your suite
ARRIVE AT BAWAH RESERVE
Arrive in time for lunch at your exclusive paradise
Revel in the luxury safari-style tented Garden Suite that is surrounded in lush greenery. Step out of your verandah onto the sandy forest floor and you’ll find that you’re only footsteps away from the beach. The suite’s tented ceiling canopy stretches across the veranda for a shaded daytime reading spot on the five-metre daybed. Open the canopy to the elements or close the sides as you prefer.
A luxury tented beachfront suite set amongst lush foliage and a stone’s throw from pristine, white sand and glistening lagoons. Enjoy peaceful privacy, gentle breezes and sea views from your verandah. Step down onto your own private beach area and enjoy a soothing massage experience or drift away on your sun lounger.
Exclusively accessed by ironwood walkways, there are 11 Overwater Bungalows blessed with splendid vistas over the lagoon and outer islands, with six suites catching the sunrise in the east, and five perfect for a sunset in the west. Steps lead from a private verandah and open-air sundeck straight into the tropical waters below.
A home-away-from-home with two beach suites, a separate living and dining pavilion for entertaining your friends and family and a private plunge pool to cool off from the tropical heat. Enjoy the peaceful privacy, gentle breezes and sea views from a hideaway terrace. If you are travelling in a bigger group there is also the option of reserving the neighbouring beach suite.
A good option for families, the treetop lodge offers gentle breezes and partial sea views. The beach is just a few minutes walk down 50 hand-cut stone steps. There are two en-suite bedrooms, a large open plan living and dining area and a full-length front-facing outdoor balcony accessed from sliding doors in the living room.
You can do as much or as little as you wish at Bawah Reserve. With unique experiences to help you relax in the most tranquil of surroundings, whether you want to explore the islands by food or by boat, get pampered at Aura Spa or dive into adventurous marine activities.
AURELIUS TRAVEL EXCLUSIVE OFFER
Season One: All other dates
Season Two: 2020: 1-31 Aug; 20-31 Dec;
2021: 11-22 Feb; 27 Mar-12 Apr; 1-31 Aug; 20-31 Dec
Rates Include :
- Full board - All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Lunch on departure day
- All non-alcoholic beverages including tea, coffee, soft drinks and fresh juices
- In room minibar – non alcoholic beverages
- Daily laundry service (note there is no dry cleaning on island)
- Activities (paddle board, kayaking, sailing, snorkelling, hiking, open air cinema, permaculture tour, star gazing, art classes, architecture tour, sunset lagoon boat tour)
- Group classes of yoga, pilates, meditation and movement
- Selected wellness treatments at Aura spa (one per person, per day)
- Service charge and existing government taxes
Rates do not include :
- Alcoholic beverages
- Round trip transfers from Singapore / Batam
- Motorised and destination based experiences
- Private dining experience
- Destination Spa Explorer experience
- Private yoga / pilates / meditation classes
- Scuba diving
- 2 people per room with existing bedding, additional charge of USD 600 per night for additional bed
- Only one additional bed allowed per room (Includes all benefits as other main members of the room)
- Children under 5 not allowed
- Children from 5 – 12 years old: USD 450 / per child / per day
- Children above 12 years old will be considered as adult rate
Additional Person / Single Rates:
- Additional person USD 600 per day
- Single occupancy discount USD 600 per day
- USD 350 per person each way (USD 700 total) - Singapore or Batam to Bawah Reserve (Includes car transfers in Singapore, escort service, return ferry, lounge access at Tanah Merah, car transfers in Batam, and return amphibious plane journey between Batam and Bawah Reserve
- Same price for all passengers regardless of age
- If guests start or stop trip in Batam (to travel onward to Indonesia) – no change in price
- A minimum of 3 nights required
Check In And Check Out Times:
- Dependent on flight arrival and departure times
- The seaplane has a strict luggage weight limit of 15kgs luggage per passenger including hand luggage
New Years Eve Gala Supplement:
- USD 600 supplement per room for night of 31st December
Start planning your luxury getaway here
Tell us a few things about your dream trip and
we will create the perfect experience for you.